Travel Insurance


Travel insurance is a condition of booking a holiday with UCPA UK. Having adequate cover is absolutely vital for any foreign trip but especially so for a​n activity holiday. You must ensure that your chosen policy is suitable for your personal circumstances and that ​it covers all activities that you will be undertaking as part of the holiday. Please verify that medical prerequisites are met and that any required declarations of existing medical conditions have been made. 

As well as covering any medical expenses, travel insurance is required to compensate any costs incurred by delayed or missed travel caused by adverse weather conditions or unexpected road closures. Some travel insurance may compensate for activity cancellations due to severe weather conditions. UCPA will not offer refunds or compensation due to travel disturbances, or factors outside our control, this is the responsibility of your insurer. Often insurance will provide cover in case of injury or personal tragedy prior to your departure which requires cancellation of your holiday. Therefore we advise you to purchase a suitable insurance policy as soon as you book your holiday. Of course it is vital your read the policy closely and thoroughly to make sure you purchase insurance with adequate cover for all unexpected events, that covers all activities you will be undertaking as part of your selected holiday. Please ensure you carry all required documentation with you, that you know how to report an incident to your insurer, and are aware of how to make a claim in case of an emergency situation while abroad, otherwise you may risk compromising your cover.

European Health Insurance 

If you are a European citizen it is recommended you carry a valid EHIC (European Health Insurance Card) as well as private travel insurance. The EHIC card is free of charge and gives you access to medically necessary, state provided healthcare during your stay in an EU country, including France, under the same conditions and at the same costs as people insured in that country. It is important to note that the EHIC card should be used to complement travel insurance in a medical emergency and is not a substitute for travel insurance. Unlike in the UK, healthcare is not free in France, therefore you will still incur a cost when seeking medical care even if you do have an EHIC card. Some insurers now insist a valid EHIC card is produced when receiving healthcare abroad. The EHIC card provides no other compensation or cover for you holiday except partial healthcare cover.

Read more

If you don't have a clue what to do or where to go? Try our