We at Action Outdoors Ltd. understand the importance of your online security and privacy. We take this issue very seriously and we are commited to safeguarding your personal information. We are legally obliged to use your information in line with all laws regarding personal information including the 1998 Data Protection Act.
We do not require any personal information (information capable of identifying you as an individual) from you to visit the majority of pages on our site. We do require you to supply personal information for certain actions on the site such as making a booking or filing in our ‘contact us’ form - we will always inform you of any information which we require. Information may include the following:
- Your full name
- Email address
- Postal address
- Telephone number
- Date of birth
All payment information is handled by Wirecard Ltd our secure payment provider. Wirecard Ltd. is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
Cookies and Other Web Technologies
We automatically collect some limited information such as your web browser or referring site in order to collate statistical (non-personal) information. Our goal in collecting this information is to understand how customers use our site and improve the user experience.
For certain actions such as booking a holiday we will use a temporary cookie file to assist in the smooth running of the booking process. We do not leave any permanent cookie files on your computer.
Action Outdoors Ltd. contains links to third party sites. These websites have their own privacy and cookie policies which is in no way controlled or related to Action Outdoors Ltd.
We use the latest technological and security measures to ensure the safety of your personal information. Any credit/debit card or payment information is stored with Voice Commerce Ltd. our secure payment provider. Voice Commerce Ltd. is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
Action Outdoors Ltd will use your information in the following ways:
- To fulfil your order for products or services offered via the website
- To contact you if there are any issues or errors in fulfilling your order
- To notify you of any changes which may affect your order
- To send any follow up information in relation to your booking
- To respond to any queries raised in the contact us form
- To invite you to engage with us on social platforms
- If you have made a booking with us in the past we may send you our newsletter which contains our latest news, offers and competitions. We usually send this once per month during the winter season – you may opt out at any time
- To improve your onsite experience: Automatically collected information such as your referring site is used to help us improve the user experience. We are constantly looking for ways to improve the site to make finding and booking your perfect holiday an intuitive and enjoyable experience.
We will NEVER sell or rent your personal information to third parties. We do share your personal information with our direct partners who we know and trust in the following situations:
- If you book a holiday with us we will share your booking information with the relevant supplier e.g. UCPA
- If you book transport arrangements with us we will share your booking information with the relevant supplier e.g. Snow Express
All our partner companies are closely vetted to ensure they share and maintain the same privacy values and standards as Action Outdoors Ltd.
We may also disclose personal information to third parties such as official bodies and professional advisers where we believe it necessary to:
- Comply with relevant laws and regulations
- To enforce our customer terms and conditions or other contractual agreements
- To protect the property and other rights of Action Outdoors Ltd, its customers and others
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Join our newsletter and get news in your inbox every week! We hate spam too, so no worries about this.