Marsala – rich in history and charm, owes its name to Arab influence: Marsa Allah, the port of God. It has always been a city of fundamental strategic importance for routes within Mediterranean Sea. Marsala’s city center and the nearby area is full of places to explore and to eat some typical Sicilian meals and taste good local wine. Lo Stagone the big lagoon next to Marsala, is a gem for kitesurfing.
Kitesurfing – Lo Stagnone lagoon, blessed with more than 300 days of wind and with shallow & flat water makes it the perfect place to learn & improve your kitesurfing
Marsala is the home of the famous Marsala wine frequently used in the popular Italian dessert Tiramisu
Trapani airport (20km)
Marsala is a coastal town in western Sicily, Italy. It’s known for its ancient ruins, fortified Marsala wine and Stagnone Nature Reserve, with salt pans and migratory birds. The town is a pleasant, relaxed place to visit and the lovely, recently restored and mainly Baroque old town centre is pedestrian friendly and easy to walk around.
The Stagnone Nature Reserve is one of the most iconic sights in Sicily with its distinctive windmills surrounded by salt pans.
From Marsala you can take a ferry to the beautiful Island of Favignana a little island belonging to the Egadi Archipelago located roughly 7 kilometers, off the west coast of Sicily. With it's crystal clear water & beaches considered among the most beautiful in the Mediterranean it's a perfect excursion for a non windy day.
Instead of having a purpose built UCPA centre, in Marsala UCPA use Residence Torre Lupa. These large comfortable apartments have an outdoor swimming pool, equipped with umbrellas, deck chairs and reading corner. Water games, water aerobics, yoga, meditation, bio-dance.
– Apartments for 2-3 people multi-share
– Bathroom facilities
– Each apartment has a kitchen/living room equipped with crockery, electric oven and fridge
– Large terrace
– Outdoor pool
– Air conditioning/heating
– WiFi. Please note the WiFi is not good enough for working on data intensive activities
To guarantee a double room book the double room option
Breakfast, buffet at the residence
Lunch, picnic on the kite surf spot
Dinner in the various restaurants in the village or BBQ on the beach
UCPA Planete, worldwide resorts, is a product that has been created by UCPA, but as they are not hosted in UCPA specific centres so they can be very different.
- Trips are usually hosted by a hotel, so you will not neccesarily be sharing with others and may have your own room (please check rooming above).
- All meals are included, but they are not neccesarily buffet style within the hotel, they may be at other restaurants around the resorts. A great opportunity to soak in evening atmosphere and try different cuisines!
- There may be non- UCPA clients in the hotel that you are staying in. UCPA will have a select number of rooms within the hotel.
- As these are new products to us, we do not have as many UK clients travelling to these destinations yet, but they have been running for a few years now and starting to gain popularity very quickly amongst UCPA fans. This may however mean that there are not as many English speaking travellers in these destinations, but as always, basic English is required of staff and instructors.
- Hotel dependent, but UCPA do not always provide evening entertainment so this may be down to you and your course group to arrange your evening activites.
- These amazing products give you the opportunity to take on new sports on improve on current skills in fantastic destinations. It's all about getting to know the local areas and culture.
The nearest airport to Marsala is Trapani which is a small airport so you will find more options for flights to Palermo. From Palermo there is a bus which takes 2 hours and runs several times throughout the day. The drive is 1h25 if you want to rent a car in Palermo or take a taxi. For arrivals in Trapani, the location is just 3km away.
It is also possible to hire a car from the airport should you wish. The address for the hotel is Torre Lupa, 123, Via Torre Lupa, 91025 Marsala Sicile. There is some parking available nearby off-site.
View all dates & prices for Marsala, Sicily
What our clients say about us!
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Join our newsletter and get news in your inbox every week! We hate spam too, so no worries about this.