Naxos is one of the largest Greek islands in the heart of the Cyclades. With its wild and unspoilt beaches, its mountainous and fertile agricultural land, Naxos is a stunning island with its contrasting landscapes and its traditional white houses. The culture of the island, with Greek mythology, is known as the birthplace of Dionysus, the Olympian god of wine, vegetation, pleasure, festivity, madness and wild frenzy.
Kitesurfing – Naxos is a natural playground for kite-surfers thanks to its wide, shallow bay and the Meltemi (a seasonal climatic system) creates strong and consistent wind throughout the summer, from June until September
Greek Mythology says that Zeus, the highest of all Greek gods grew up in Naxos
The UCPA residence on the Island of Naxos is located between the famous area of Alyko, next to a wonderful cedar forest with amazing views to Glyfada beach. Furthermore within 400 meters from our complex you will find supermarkets and nearby restaurants.
Instead of having a purpose built UCPA centre, in Naxos UCPA use The Romanzza. These charming apartments with typical Cycladic architecture have an outdoor pool with sea views.
The Romanzza, located 1 minute walk from the beach, is a charming and comfortable apartment/hotel set up, with the characteristic architecture of the Cyclades archipelago. You will appreciate its outdoor swimming pool overlooking the Glyfada beach which is just a few minutes walk away and its green spaces surrounding the centre.
- Apartments for 3-4 people multi-share
- Bathroom facilities en-suite
- Each appartment has a kitchenette with mini bar
- Balconies looking over the Aegean Sea or the gardens and the mountains
- There is a restaurant in the garden of the Romanzza residence dedicated to UCPA guests. This is where you will eat breakfast and 3 of your dinners. Kitesurfers will always eat lunch here too. You will eat between 3 different local restaurants near the Romanzza, which is included in your holiday cost, giving you the chance to experience local Greek cuisine. You will also be taken into Naxos itself for dinner one night. Lunches for everyone except the kitesurfers will vary in different local restaurants, this is also included in your holiday cost.
- Outdoor pool
- WiFi. Please note the WiFi is not good enough for working on data intensive activities
UCPA Planete, worldwide resorts, is a product that has been created by UCPA, but as they are not hosted in UCPA specific centres so they can be very different.
- Trips are usually hosted by a hotel, so you will not neccesarily be sharing with others and may have your own room (please check rooming above).
- All meals are included, but they are not neccesarily buffet style within the hotel, they may be at other restaurants around the resorts. A great opportunity to soak in evening atmosphere and try different cuisines!
- There may be non- UCPA clients in the hotel that you are staying in. UCPA will have a select number of rooms within the hotel.
- As these are new products to us, we do not have as many UK clients travelling to these destinations yet, but they have been running for a few years now and starting to gain popularity very quickly amongst UCPA fans. This may however mean that there are not as many English speaking travellers in these destinations, but as always, basic English is required of staff and instructors.
- Hotel dependent, but UCPA do not always provide evening entertainment so this may be down to you and your course group to arrange your evening activites.
- These amazing products give you the opportunity to take on new sports on improve on current skills in fantastic destinations. It's all about getting to know the local areas and culture.
There is not an international airport in Naxos, so most people fly to Mykonos and take a short ferry from there. An alternative airport option is Athens where you can then take a domestic flight over to Naxos. These domestic flights can be very expensive if they are not booked in advance.
The Mykonos to Naxos ferry route is operated by 3 ferry companies. SeaJets operate their crossing up to 6 times per day, Cyclades Fast Ferries 7 times per week & the Golden Star Ferries service is available up to 3 times per day. This takes about 30 minutes. The ferry from Athens to Naxos is a daily ferry that departs from Piraeus port, the main port of Athens. A normal ferry to Naxos takes about 5 hours to reach Naxos from Piraeus. There is also a ferry to Naxos from Rafina port, the other port of Athens, and the trip takes about 4 hours.
View all dates & prices for Naxos, Greece
What our clients say about us!
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Join our newsletter and get news in your inbox every week! We hate spam too, so no worries about this.