North of Lisbon, located on the Atlantic coast is a small fishing port, nestled in front of an old Portuguese fort – Peniche. Keeping its authentic charm, Peniche today attracts surfers from all round the globe thanks to it's famous waves and surf spots.
European capital of surfing
Peniche used to be an island until the 16th century, when silt created a narrow isthmus
UCPA Peniche is located in a small seaside resort surrounded by sandy beach 90 km north of Lisbon.
The peninsula has many orientations, meaning whatever the swell or the wind there is always a wave that works. The area has long been known by surfers for the diversity of its spots including the legendary "Supertubos" which hosts each year one of the stages of the world championship.
Instead of having a purpose built UCPA centre, in Peniche UCPA uses Surfhouse Peniche. It consists of 5 bedrooms for 4 to 6 people. With private bathroom, several indoor and outdoor spaces to chill.
Outside there is a pleasant garden with a magnificent view of the Péniche peninsula, the Baléal peninsula and the ocean.
The centre of Ferrel is 5 minutes away where you will find all the amenities, shops, bar, pharmacy, bank. The beach bars for unforgettable evenings are 5 minutes away by car or taxi and about 25 to 30 min walk.
- Multi- share rooms are for 4 - 6 persons
- Private bathrooms
- You will eat all meals at the hostel just like the classic UCPA trips
- Outdoor chill areas
- WiFi. Please note the WiFi is not good enough for working on data intensive activities
UCPA Planete, worldwide resorts, is a product that has been created by UCPA, but as they are not hosted in UCPA specific centres so they can be very different.
- Trips are usually hosted by a hotel, so you will not neccesarily be sharing with others and may have your own room (please check rooming above).
- All meals are included, but they are not neccesarily buffet style within the hotel, they may be at other restaurants around the resorts. A great opportunity to soak in evening atmosphere and try different cuisines!
- There may be non- UCPA clients in the hotel that you are staying in. UCPA will have a select number of rooms within the hotel.
- As these are new products to us, we do not have as many UK clients travelling to these destinations yet, but they have been running for a few years now and starting to gain popularity very quickly amongst UCPA fans. This may however mean that there are not as many English speaking travellers in these destinations, but as always, basic English is required of staff and instructors.
- Hotel dependent, but UCPA do not always provide evening entertainment so this may be down to you and your course group to arrange your evening activites.
- These amazing products give you the opportunity to take on new sports on improve on current skills in fantastic destinations. It's all about getting to know the local areas and culture.
The nearest airport to Peniche is Lisbon which is approximately 90 km away. A taxi from the airport will cost approximately 140€. You can find some helpful information about transport from Lisbon on the Airport Website. The UCPA centre may offer a bus from the airport to resort for approximately 25€, you can contact them for times and information on firstname.lastname@example.org.
To travel via Public transport the UCPA centre suggest you take a taxi to the Lisbon "Gare Routiere" from here you can catch a bus to Peniche which run approximately every 2 hours and no later then 19:00, the total cost is approximately €20. This suggestion should be used for guidance purposes only, bus timetables are subject to change and we recommend you check availability before you travel. For some more information on public transport linking Lisbon to Peniche you might like to check the site Rome2Rio. If you are using public transport please make sure that you check the times and ensure the routes are operating as normal for your date of travel.
View all dates & prices for Peniche, Portugal
What our clients say about us!
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Join our newsletter and get news in your inbox every week! We hate spam too, so no worries about this.